After an operation to reconstruct the ACL and remove torn cartilage, he began a long 6-9 months of rehabilitation which proved to be successful. This experience inspired his interest in the techniques and methods used during rehabilitation and has motivated him to help others through the treatment process; no matter how long or short.
Chris has developed his skills over the last 9 years to offer:
• Medical Acupuncture
• Spinal Manipulation Techniques
• Strength and Conditioning Programmes
He is also the Head Therapist of Lymm Rugby Club, and Winnington Park Rugby Club, and since Namix has been in operation Chris has worked with various athletes across a number of different clubs including:
• Isle of Man Gymnastics – Closely working with two elite gymnasts who represented the Isle of Man in the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow
• Northwich Rugby Club – Leading the medical department for 4 years which included being League Winners, Cheshire Vase winners, and also helping the first team go unbeaten for 28 games.
• Northwich Rowing Club – Most notably treating one patient who reached the World Masters Rowing Championships
• Weaver Valley Cycling Club – Providing medical support for the 2013, 2014 and 2015 Cheshire Classic Women’s Road Race (recently won by Dame Sarah Storey!)
• Davenham Cricket Club – Consultant Sports Therapist to the first team, providing treatment and rehab
• National level Junior Tennis Players
• and many more..!
Chris's strengths lie within the ability to explain things to patients in a jargon free way. This is coupled with applying an individual approach to each patient by making their rehab specific to their sport or activity related to the injury. On top of this, Chris heavily believes in providing ongoing advice and support for your health and fitness, even when treatment has finished. All this is provided in a friendly and approachable manner which builds a strong rapport with patients in a short space of time, whilst still maintaining the highest standard of professional standards.